Monday, November 06, 2006

Bursting Bulbs

This might seem weird to some people but today when I switched on my bedroom bulb, it just burst into a thousand pieces. I never thought these things could burst like this. I was infact standing just 1 feet away from it when I put it on and I think it was reflex which made me duck immediately. phew!

A little searching on the net made me land on this particular page:

http://www.tribuneindia.com/2006/20060723/spectrum/rights.htm

I am really shocked at reading this news. All I can say is - "This can only happen in India". Where else would you find Manufacturers interest taking precedence over Consumers interest.

So folks, be careful the next time you switch on a bulb. Dont look at the bulbs directly or better still dont use bulbs at your home till 2007.

5 Comments:

At 10:19 pm, November 06, 2006, Blogger Krish said...

This is one scary moment! may be we should use CFL

 
At 12:19 am, November 07, 2006, Blogger Vels said...

I am seriously considering it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compact_fluorescent_lamp

 
At 12:33 am, November 07, 2006, Blogger Tweety said...

Whoa! now bulbs are also dangerous!?!!
Anyways thanks for giving this info Vels. Lemme pass it on to others...

 
At 6:22 pm, November 07, 2006, Blogger Goldfinche said...

Vels! busting bulbs I've seen them every where, even in Rajanikanth's movies (tube lights also included)

 
At 12:50 am, November 17, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh boy! Hope this isn't the case with tube-lights as well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home