Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Gmail integrates with Google talk chat archive

I opened my gmail today morning and I notice a new 'Chat' tab on the left navigation. Looks like they have introduced Google talk archiving facility and integrated that with Gmail. Now I can see all my chat conversations anywhere I am on the gmail account unlike Yahoo messenger which stores the archives on the local machine.
Gmail has now become Gmail talk :-)
Old logo on the left and new logo on the right:






I also would get the search capability of my Gmail to search the Google talk archives. This is cool. Btw Yahoo desktop search is pretty cool and it also indexes Yahoo IM archives on the local machine.

1 Comments:

At 3:03 am, June 13, 2006, Blogger Anand Thirumoorthy said...

U have Guts to appreciate Google.. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home